Summary and Responsibilities
The Ben Lippen Upper School Dean of Students is responsible to:
• build and maintain a positive, safe school culture among the students.
• manage and resolve student issues in collaboration with the middle school and high school principals.
• confer appropriate consequences for behavior.
• oversee campus dress code policies.
• implement, maintain, and enforce policies in the Student Handbook, and review policies annually in collaboration with the administrative team.
• encourage and facilitate meaningful and effective parent-teacher communication, including conferences as needed.
• support and regularly meet with students regarding behavior and social issues.
• serve as a resource to classroom faculty in dealing with classroom management issues.
• assist in planning and executing student life events.
• seek avenues to cultivate relationships with students.
• assist in the supervision and provide an active/visible member of the school at school events (athletic, fine arts, social, etc).
The ideal candidate for the Upper School Dean of Students position should possess:
• a bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, Master’s degree is preferred.
• ACSI certification.
• minimum of five (5) years’ experience in classroom instruction, leadership, and mentoring youth.
• experience implementing successful student behavior management strategies.
• strong administrative and interpersonal skills.
• excellent written and verbal communication
• a passion for discipling students and investing in their spiritual formation.
If interested, please download, print, and complete the Ben Lippen School application and submit as indicated on the application.