Ben Lippen Upper School
40 hours/10 months
August 01, 2018
A Ben Lippen math teacher is responsible to:
- teach six sections of upper school mathematics that could include Algebra 2, Geometry, Precalculus, AP Calculus AB or AP Calculus BC.
- collaborate with other members of the math department to continually revise and develop the math curriculum at Ben Lippen School.
- perform any other non-teaching duties as assigned by the upper school principal.
The ideal candidate for the upper school math teacher position should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, or a closely related field (an advanced degree is preferred).
- ACSI teacher certification.
- two years of successful teaching experience in secondary mathematics.
- content mastery of secondary mathematics ranging from Algebra 1 through AP Calculus-BC and AP Statistics.
- AP Calculus experience preferred.
- a demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies (including the iPad and TI graphing calculators) into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- a clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered, problem-based learning environment.
- demonstrated experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.