Skip to main content


What are the on- campus living requirements?

All single Undergraduate students under 23 are required to live on campus. Undergraduate students living with family within commuting distance (50 miles) must live on campus their first two semesters at CIU. Students may move off campus if they will turn 23 during that semester. Seniors and those who are 22 may petition to live in the on-campus apartments. For additional information regarding housing requirements and appeals contact the Residence Life Office (803) 807-5485.

What are your undergraduate admissions requirements?

The minimum admissions requirements are a 2.0 high school GPA, and a 1290 (out of 2400) on the SAT or an ACT score of 18 (out of 36).

The average scores for students entering in Fall 2010 is 1097 SAT, 23 ACT and a 3.57 GPA.

Where can a student find on-campus or off-campus jobs?

All jobs for students can be found on CIUOnline under Career Services listed on the Main Menu. Under the On-Campus Student Employment section, students can view all current on-campus job openings, plus read instructions about student employment and download an application. On-campus student worker jobs are also posted on bulletin boards located in the Student Center, next to the Bookstore and by the HR/Career Services offices on the second floor of the Administration building.

My student received a Federal Work Study award letter. What does that mean?

It means that the student can work in a Federal Work Study approved on-campus or community service job to earn funds to help finance his/her education. Almost all student worker jobs on CIU's campus are Federal Work Study (FWS) approved. A FWS student can apply for any approved opening but there is no guarantee of employment. All applicants for student worker jobs must go through the normal hiring process. The award amount means that the student can earn up to that amount without having to claim it as income on the next FAFSA form.

Can my student get a job on campus?

Yes. All registered students (Federal Work Study approved or not) are eligible for student worker positions. Jobs range from various positions in the Cafeteria and Library to highly technical jobs in IT or faculty assistantships. Students must apply directly to the departments that are hiring and may not always get their first choice, but if persistent and not overly picky, everyone who wants to work on campus can find something.

Do new students have to complete any paperwork with Health Services before they start classes at CIU?

All students working on a degree and taking classes on campus are required to complete a Pre-registration Medical Requirements form. This form must be completed in full before a student can register for classes. The student will need to provide proof of insurance coverage, proof of tuberculosis screening within one year prior to enrollment and documentation of measles/rubella vaccination.

What services are offered in Health Services?

The Health Services clinic is open Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed during chapel and lunch) Contact Health Services by calling (803) 807-5056.

Services are provided include:

  • Walk-in clinics, Monday - Friday, for nursing assessment and recommendations
  • Doctor's clinic by appointment weekly (Minimal fee)
  • Referrals (medical, dental, chiropractic, etc.)
  • Many over the counter medications at low cost


Subscribe to Parents