The Master of Education (Instruction and Learning) is designed to provide professional growth opportunities for educators from a biblical perspective. Students are prepared to assume leadership roles as teacher and/or instructional supervisor in various school settings.
The curriculum for this concentration provides opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions in instructional concepts, strategies, and content design to enhance student learning. A student may choose a curriculum with an individualized concentration.
The M.Ed. (Instruction and Learning) is available fully online. Students should consult with the M.Ed. program director in planning their degree program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education from a biblical worldview
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
This 30-credit-hour degree can be completed in 5 semesters although the time may be extended up to 6 years.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of educational settings.
- K–12 Teaching: Teach in various educational settings that have a need for individuals who are prepared in instructional concepts, strategies, and content design from a biblical worldview.
- Leadership Positions: Become supervisors or leaders in a variety of educational settings
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
WHY STUDY M.ED. AT CIU ONLINE?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program consistent with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- One professional reference and one general reference
- 2.7 GPA for recent degree obtained
- Previous experience in education as verified by one of the following: two years classroom experience, a current teaching certificate, an undergraduate degree in education and a minimum of two years in educational administration. (A limited number of students without one of these experiences who otherwise meet the requirements and display exceptional leadership qualities may be accepted on specific coursework and leadership recommendations.)
You can find information about admissions requirements, policies, and time limitations of the program in our academic catalog.
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) Program Director, Professor of Education
B.A., Florida Bible College; M.S., Nova Southeastern University; Ed.D., University of Central FloridaRead More...
Dean of the College of Education
B.A., Florida Bible College; B.S., Bryan College; M.A., Ed.D., University of MiamiRead More...
Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program Director, Professor of Education
B.S., Toccoa Falls College; M.Ed., Bob Jones University; Ed.D., Columbia International UniversityRead More...
Associate Provost for Online Studies, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)/Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) Program Director, Professor of Education
B.A. Cornerstone University; B.S. Calvin College; M.S. Indiana University South Bend; Ed.D. Ball State University; Certificate in Fund Raising Management, Indiana School of Philanthropy.Read More...
Milton V. Uecker
Director of the Lowrie Center for Christian School Education, Associate Dean of the College of Education, Professor of Education
B.A., Concordia University Chicago formerly Concordia Teachers College; M.Ed., University of Texas; Ed.D., University of VirginiaRead More...