Courses Offered in Atlanta
Are you a pastor or missionary who wants to become more effective without leaving your ministry, a ministry worker who wants to upgrade your training without leaving your church, a business executive who wants to transition into ministry without leaving your career?
Are you looking for seminary level courses from an accredited institution, both focused and broad, taught from a multitude of perspectives and by a knowledgeable and experienced faculty?
Then the CIU Seminary & School of Ministry in Atlanta is the place for you!
Whether you're from Atlanta, or want to obtain a seminary education while you remain in your current ministry or occupation, the CIU Seminary & School of Ministry in Atlanta provides top-quality education in a convenient location.
Class sessions are held from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day and chapel is 9:30-10 a.m. daily.
BIB 9041 Preaching Missions from Matthew
This cross-disciplinary course will engage you in a study of Matthew's portrayal of the life, ministry, and teaching of Jesus as well as introducing you to methods to follow when preparing a series of sermons on the first gospel. Attention will be given to such issues as introductory matters, gospel study methods, Jesus' teaching on mission, Matthew's "universal blessing" theme, preaching resources, and preaching approaches. You will prepare a series of messages on the book and will gain experience by preaching in class. (3)
Registration opens November 1, 2015. Course meets January 25-29, 2016. Pre-campus work begins January 11 and post- campus work ends April 29.
- Resident Credit: $455 per credit hour
- Audit: $75 per credit hour
- HIS 6221 History of Global Christianity 1 with Dr. Bill Davidson (June 13-17, 2017)
- MIN 6415/9415 Effective Coaching and Consulting Skills with Dr. Roy King (June 13-17, 2017)
- HIS 6231 History of Global Christianity 2 with Dr. Bill Davidson (June 20-24, 2017)
Room and Board
Stay on campus in a hotel-quality room or make your own housing arrangements and commute to campus.
- Single Occupancy ($480) includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks.
- Double Occupancy ($330) includes daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks. NOTE: Double Occupancy is assigned on a per-registration basis, unless a specific roommate request is given at the time of registration. Double Occupancy housing fees are non-refundable. Single Occupancy Charge may apply.
- Commuters ($110) will enjoy morning break, lunch and afternoon break.
Arrival and check-in instructions will be e-mailed to all registered students after registration closes.
If you are an individual with a disability and believe you will need accommodations, please contact the Academic Success Center at (803) 807-5611.
For more Information, contact the university Admissions Office at (800) 777-2227 ext. 5335, local 807-5335, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Financial Aid
If you are are currently pursuing a degree, are eligible for financial aid (excluding federal aid or student loans). You should contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
Salvation Army Southeast Territorial Headquarters
Evangeline Booth College
School for Continuing Education
1032 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
The Salvation Army Evangeline Booth College, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is comprised of three member schools:
The School for Officer Training
The School for Continuing Education
The Jack McDowell School for Leadership Development
The college is also the location of the Southern Historical Center which is a comprehensive museum, research facility and historical and educational service for The Salvation Army, the Academic Community of Students and Researchers, and for the general public.