Graduate and Seminary Application Instructions
The following step-by-step application instructions will assist you in easily completing the application process:
Step 1: Application. Complete the online application, answering each applicable question.
Step 2: Pay the $25 application fee.
Step 3: Transcripts. Use the Transcript Request Form to request official transcripts from your highest earned degree, for any pre-requisite or transfer work as well as any graduate level work. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or electronically through a third party transcript facilitator. Non-degree-seeking applicants (NDSS) may send official or unofficial copies of their highest earned degree.
Note: Students who have attended a school outside of the United States must have transcripts validated through World Education Services.
Step 4: Additional Requirements. Download the application instructions for your degree program and follow the instructions included to submit your additional requirements to the Admissions Office.
- Certificate, MA, & MDiv Application & Essay Instructions
- DMin Application & Essay Instructions
- MA in Counseling Application & Essay Instructions
- MED Application Instructions
- EdS Application Instructions
- PhD Educational Leadership Application Instructions
- PhD Intercultural Studies Application & Essay Instructions
- Online Only Graduate and Seminary Application & Essay Instructions
- Postgraduate Certificate in Marriage & Family Counseling App & Essay Instructions
Step 5: References. Use the Applicant Reference Form to request a reference be submitted on your behalf. One church leader reference is required for most degree programs. This person should have known you for at least two years and should be able to speak to your Christian character and growth (family member or spouse may not be used). Additional references may be required for certain degree programs, refer to the application instructions.
The requirements for each college are listed in the academic catalog.
If you choose to delay entrance more than one year, you will be required to complete the application process in its entirety.
Ready to Apply?
We’re glad God is leading you to apply to CIU for graduate school or seminary!