Utilize the admissions checklist and follow the application directions to stay ahead in your admissions process.
Undergraduate Application Directions
These step-by-step instructions will help you complete the application process easily:
Step 1. Complete the online application.
Step 2. Submit a 300-500 word, typed essay to email@example.com or mail it to the Admissions Office. Answer the following questions in your essay.
- How did you come to salvation in Jesus Christ? Discuss your personal relationship with God and the life change that followed.
- What relationships, circumstances, church involvement, mission trips and/or personal study have helped you grow in your faith?
- Please share what career and/or ministry you believe God may be calling you to, and why you chose to apply to CIU?
If you were previously enrolled at CIU, you’re required to only answer the following two questions in 200-400 words.
- Share why you left CIU and what you’ve been doing since then.
- What are your career/ministry goals and your understanding of God’s direction for your future?
Step 3. Ask a church leader who has known you at least two years to submit a reference form. This person cannot be a spouse or other family member. Note: No reference is required for non-degree seeking applicants.
Step 4. Request official transcripts from your high school and all colleges or universities you have attended to be sent to the Admissions Office along with your ACT or SAT scores. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope. Academic records not written in English must be accompanied by a certified translation. You may request test scores from College Board or The ACT. If you attended a school outside of the United States, transcripts need an International Credential Advancement Package (ICAP) evaluation by World Education Services (WES).
If you choose to postpone your enrollment more than one year, you will be required to complete the application process in its entirety.
The CIU Admissions Office will evaluate your file after it has been completed.
Note: These requirements are for US citizen students only. See the International Students information on how to apply and the requirements needed.
Start Your Application
Start the application process now by selecting the button that describes you best: