Once your application, has been approved you will receive a CIUOnline username, password, and e-mail account.
For a list of course descriptions and syllabi please click on Courses.
To purchase materials for your course or for personal enrichment, go directly to the Online Bookstore.
To register for an Online course please register at CIU Online or see your academic advisor. Please follow the instructions below to register yourself. Note that online courses have an "O" after the course number in the registration module (Ex. BIB1112 O 01).
- Go to CIU Online and login
- Click on Registrar tab at the top of the page.
- From the menu on the left, click on Registration.
- Click on the Add/Drop Courses icon.
- Change the Term if needed (Ex. Fall 2009), then click on the "Search" button.
- Use the helps at the bottom of the page to maneuver through the courses.
- When you find the course you would like to register, click in the box to the left of the course. Online courses have an " O " after the course number (Ex. BIB 4310 O 01 )
- At the bottom of the page, select "Add Course". It should appear in your schedule.
To Drop a Course
- Follow the steps above to get to your Course Schedule.
- Then click on Add/Drop Courses icon, you will see your current schedule. Each course has a box to the left of it.
- Click in the box that corresponds to the course you want to drop.
- Click "Drop Course". The course should disappear from you schedule.
If you are a returning student and have not taken a course for more than a semester please contact Admissions at (800) 777-2227, ext. 5024.
For assistance with registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 777-2227, ext. 5033 or (803) 807-5033.