Minor in Teacher Education
Why Minor in Teacher Education at CIU?
More than a minor, the Teacher Education program prepares you to be licensed to teach in an early childhood education program or elementary school in just five years. Here’s how it works. You’ll earn a bachelor’s degree in Bible and a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T) that leads to licensure. Additionally, you will earn a minor in education that provides teaching experience, and makes you eligible for an Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) certification in elementary education with an endorsement in early childhood. Complete other designated courses, and you can add an ACSI endorsement in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
You may also pursue a supporting minor in various fields of study such as Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), Psychology, Youth Ministry, Bible Teaching or English.
Teacher Education at CIU leads you to a world of possibilities:
- Teaching Pre-K to sixth grade in public schools, international schools, charter schools, Christian schools, MK schools, home schools
- Academic interventionist
- Church education
- Ministering to children through mercy organizations worldwide
- Tutoring – private or public institutions
- Directing after-school and day-care programs
- Christian education consultant
- Further training as curriculum and instructional specialist, guidance counselor, school administrator, and doctoral work
Your Next Step
Begin dreaming of the many ways you can be used by God with a Teacher Education degree. Get started today.