Ph.D (In progress), M.A., Linguistics & TEFL Certificate, University of South Carolina
Alisha Biler has taught English as a foreign language for over six years at the University of South Carolina's intensive English program. In addition to teaching, she is also involved with curriculum development and teacher training.
She is currently working on her doctoral degree in Linguistics, focusing on second language reading.
Prior to working in South Carolina, she worked overseas in Turkey teaching English and doing ministry.
By Janai Tedder
Etched in stone across the Columbia International University campus are CIU’s five foundational core values: Authority of Scripture, Victorious Christian Living, World Evangelization, Prayer & Faith, and Evangelical Unity. An emphasis on each core value is scheduled each school year, most recently through the Christian Life Conference, a week challenging students, faculty and staff to grow and become victorious in their Christian walk.
The guest housing coordinator manages guest reservations for CIU guest housing.
- Respond to email inquiries received on the Alumni guestroom email
- Respond to voicemail inquiries received on the Alumni guestroom phone line
- Schedule reservations on electronic guestroom calendar
- Send confirmation emails to guests
- Prepare key packets for guests and deliver to reception desk
- Schedule custodial services through Physical Plant, and verify that guest rooms are ready
- Assist and solve problems for guest (e.g. missing keys, schedule conflicts, room not ready)
- Work with Accounting and the guest regarding payment
- Inventory and order non-custodial supplies as needed (e.g. soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Review and follow-up with issues mentioned on survey cards
- Pay linen services invoices
- Ensure that linens are received in a timely manner and are in good condition
- Submit monthly reconciliation reports to Accounting and on-campus departments
- Handle after-hours issues as they arise; be the contact person for issues
- Periodically review and edit promotional materials, confirmation emails, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to organize and plan
- Attention to detail
- Networking and partnering with other on-campus departments
- Analyze and evaluate occupancy and rates.
- Work independently and take initiative
- Minimum high school diploma required
CIU alumnus opens roastery
By Bob Holmes
Look up the word roastery in the dictionary, and you won’t find it. It’s too new. That puts Columbia International University alumnus Beach Loveland on the cutting edge of the coffee roastery industry.
By Bob Holmes
The Columbia International University men’s residence hall that faces west has never had a real name – except West. But that changed on Sept. 8 when it was announced at the end of a Chapel service that the hall is now named Cassels Residence Hall in honor of a couple who have been generous, faithful CIU supporters.