The substitute teacher is responsible for giving instructions and organizing the classroom environment so as to enhance student learning during the period of absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- He/she must work off of teacher lesson plans, give out classwork and assignments and ensure effective discipline and classroom control.
- He/she will provide daily reports to give account of any information pertaining to the events of the day.
- At the commencement of the school day, substitute teachers are expected to report to the school administrative office and collect the appropriate materials and schedule of classes.
- At the end of the school day, he/she is required to return the materials to the school office.
- College degree preferred
- Ability to comply with written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent