A Columbia International University donor has committed to giving $12 million toward a Business and IT Global Initiative Center at CIU, part of a $22 million facility expansion plan for the campus.
Wives Fellowship Welcomes Debbie Smith
By Naomi Balk, CIU Student Writer
Debbie Smith says if she could teach one class at Columbia International University it would be “Hospitality.”
The Admissions Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing, the Director of Admissions, the Director of Graduate and Online Recruitment, the university graphic designer and outside vendors to ensure that the creation and placement of print, radio, and TV is done effectively with the aim of increasing CIU brand awareness and lead volume for the undergraduate, graduate, seminary and online programs.
- Obtains advertising proposals for print, radio, and TV and submits for final approval.
- Works with the Vice President, Directors and graphic designer to create content for print materials, radio and TV ads.
- Submits final print, radio, and TV ads to outside vendors.
- Keeps track of marketing expenditures per quarter and updates the marketing budget spreadsheets.
- Participates in marketing related meetings.
- Works on special projects when needed (i.e. research new advertising opportunities, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in higher education marketing strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Effective and timely follow up and follow through to meet advertising deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work independently.
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. (Preferred majors: marketing, business, communications, graphic design or other related fields.)
Basketball Teams Hold School-Wide Athletic Event
By Michael A. Lanier
The 2017-2018 CIU men’s and women’s basketball teams were introduced with a little madness —Moore Madness — a fun October event for students, faculty and staff in the Moore Fitness Center.
It was a night of food and fun competitions with a basketball theme.
“I think this is a really cool event, and I'm glad that I came,” said freshman Jaelyn Rodriguez-Laureano.
By Bob Holmes and Naomi Balk
The Business & Organizational Leadership program at Columbia International University got a big boost on Oct. 6 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new John R. Cook Jr. Business and Entrepreneurship Center.
The AV and media technician will provide technical support for the corporate divisions' technology needs with an emphasis on the deployment and operation of classroom equipment, event equipment for events meetings/audits and media software. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting equipment issues and assisting with updating the AV calendars and managing incoming tickets.
- Set up, deploy, computer hardware, computer software, printers, tablets, smartphones, and LCD digital signage TVs/monitors, projectors and portable PA equipment for classroom, events, and general campus needs using best practices
- Assist with Chapel support/logistics - includes setting up and tearing down, moving equipment, operating equipment, running cables for equipment, coordinating event schedules, practice schedules, coordinate use of PowerPoints and other media, documentation of setup
- Perform inventory management for equipment and related documentation. Coordinate laptop/tablet reservations for corporation users for various needs based on stock loaners in inventory. Help manage the calendars and tickets. Interact with users to determine their needs. Basic cleaning and Maintaining AV and Classroom Equipment.
- Assist with training for end users on how to use equipment in addition to maintaining instructions on proper usage. Assist users with syncing mobile devices to work email.
- Assist with projects related to the replacement of media equipment, classroom equipment, and digital signage across the corporation.
- Perform password resets for classroom users, board members, auditors, and other users pertaining to classroom and events.
- Serve as backup for AV and Media Manager for chapel and other major events corporate wide or assist the manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include interaction with public, students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to organize tasks and independently manage numerous details associated with coordination of AV setup and preparation.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding proper troubleshooting procedures and protocols.
- Working knowledge of Windows, WordPerfect, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Skilled knowledge of audio-video equipment
- Working knowledge of presentation software.
- Experience with MAC and Windows formats a plus.
- One year college or technical school. Technical certification or associates degree in computer technology and media technology preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in an audio-video production related field.
- IT computer deployment experience a plus.
This position is responsible for assisting the custodian at the St Andrews Rd campus in preparing the facility for the next day’s activities in such a way as to provide a clean, comfortable, and attractive environment for students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
- Clean assigned areas according to prescribed manner.
- Clean carpets and polish VCT floors in assigned areas.
- Assist in preparing facilities for special events.
- Assist with the stripping and waxing of floors.
- Assist with special custodial tasks during breaks.
- Be alert for safety hazards and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for security issues and notify campus security.
- Fill in for absent SAR custodians.
- May be required to work overtime or Saturdays occasionally.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- Submit work orders for maintenance issues needing attention.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Ability to use carpet cleaner and floor buffer.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to relate to and work around young people including elementary age.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to be flexible.
- High school diploma.
- One-year custodial experience.
How are you praying for those affected by the mass shooting in Las Vegas? In a statement, President Donald Trump said, “To the families of the victims: We are praying for you and we are here for you, and we ask God to help see you through this very dark period.”
So, what are you praying? Columbia International University professors were asked about their prayers for Las Vegas.
Dr. Kevin McWilliams, Bible Studies Professor: