The Administrative Assistant for Alumni and Development is the point of “first contact” for alumni and donors including entry into the alumni center, incoming phone calls, e-mail, and mail. In every contact the goals are to meet the need of the individual directly or by referral, and update the Raiser Edge record. In addition, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the alumni and development teams by assisting with projects and events.
- Be the “first contact” of all alumni and donors calling, visiting, emailing or mailing to the campus and respond, redirect or get information and reply in a timely manner.
- Maintain the master calendar for the Alumni Center and Alumni/Development: meeting rooms, alumni events, development related events, and when alumni or major donors will be visiting campus.
- Coordinate all alumni benefits and hospitality visits (meal tickets, brochures, campus maps, room information, class guest passes, computer lab, fitness center).
- Maintain appropriate greeting cards and notes and route to Director or others for appropriate ministry to alumni and donors.
- Receive, record and confirm registrations for alumni or donor events.
- Assist in gathering, preparing “day of event” items including: name tags, gift bags, programs, etc.
- Serve as liaison for Alumni Leadership Council meetings and other leadership/staff gatherings as needed.
- Process donor premiums in response to CIU Fund solicits.
- Be proficient in Raiser Edge queries, updates, and research related to alumni and development.
- Generate prayer lists for various people interested in specific, current prayer for alumni.
- Five years administrative experience required.
- Professional experience with donors required.
- Quick learner; not intimidated by requests or questions not encountered before.
- High quality customer service / passionate about hospitality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- School spirit and a passion to promote the university are essential as active involvement in university activities.
- Management skills to oversee a number of projects with minimum supervision at a time.
- Accuracy in maintaining: budget, calendar, data base, registrations, policy & procedure manual.
- Efficient time manager and flexible in working some evenings and weekends.
- Raisers Edge, Word, Excel.
- Basic typing & computer skills.
- Experience with data bases.
- Phone, email and listening skills