The primary role of the Online Financial Aid Counselor/VA Benefits Coordinator is to provide excellent customer service through clear and accurate communication to prospective and current online students throughout the financial aid process. This position is also responsible for processing Veteran’s Administration benefits for both residential and online student populations.
- Counsel current and prospective online students regarding financial aid concerns, file status, and aid eligibility
- Supports online recruiters with estimates and FAFSA reviews.
- Establish and maintain all parameters for non-standard processing in PowerFaids.
- Collect and process required federal and institutional documentation.
- Award federal and institutional aid.
- Counsel all VA benefit recipients.
- Certify courses, track and maintain documentation for compliance purposes for all VA students.
- Review VA student accounts and coordinate payment with Accounting Office.
- Continual need for: customer service, alertness, organization, critical thinking skills, math skills, attention to detail, ability to recall and adhere to federal regulations, ability to interact with students, listen, explain, and counsel.
- Frequent need for: writing, investigating, decision-making, and planning.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience required.
- Customer service experience preferred.