The systems administrator supports the corporate network infrastructure, network access and network security in addition to all end user devices.
- Provide support for technical functions of network servers, server operating systems, appliances, switches and devices connected to the corporate networks. Monitor, evaluate, and optimize network traffic and performance through systematic assessment based on routine testing, network documentation, and logs.
- Perform physical infrastructure modifications as needed with systems engineer and other IT administrators. This includes assistance with backups and shutdown/restoration procedures for disaster recovery procedures for all systems and devices.
- Serve as junior IT security officer ensuring network security and functionality by researching security best practices, monitoring campus systems and infrastructure for new and existing vulnerabilities, maintaining adequate intrusion detection systems and procedures, and maintaining software licenses.
- Provide support for end user devices that connect to network and servers. Ensure compliance with hardware standardization and compliance with software licensing.
- Coordinate comprehensive and accurate network documentation, diagrams and logs. Also coordinate a comprehensive and accurate inventory of all equipment.
- Write comprehensive and accurate network documentation, diagrams and logs. Perform periodic checks on systems documentation and procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Three to five years experience in systems administration or infrastructure engineering preferred.
- Network cabling installation experience.
- Experience with configuring network appliances preferred.
- Experience managing servers, especially in a cloud environment.
- CISCO certification and/or MCSE certification.
- Network cabling installation certification a plus.
- CISSP or equivalent certification a plus.
- Technical school degree minimum education required.