The video technician will provide technical support for Online Studies with emphasis on videotaping and editing video lectures to support online courses.
- Work with faculty, SMEs, and Online Studies staff to assist with video production needs in compliance with deadlines and proper usage of media equipment and software.
- Occasionally assist or train other video technicians as needed on related video editing projects.
- Operate video equipment to capture lectures for online courses and various educational projects/events – the focus will be on online courses.
- Set up equipment for out of studio video shoots when needed.
- Manipulate and edit videos base on the specific project needs. Export, compress and upload videos during the final stages of the post production process. In addition to maintenance of logs, review completed deliverables with Online Studies team and faculty to ensure that projects are completed successfully.
- Maintain up-to-date logs to track project progress and to keep track of media storage locations and YouTube links. Run backups to keep data and material secure.
- Good knowledge of video capturing
- Knowledge of both PC and MAC platforms
- Proven skills in troubleshooting
- Experience in video and audio editing software
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Flexible, cooperative attitude and willingness to learn
- Education and training in video editing