The Head Softball Coach is responsible to supervise, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the women’s intercollegiate softball program. This includes but is not limited to planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student athletes; managing the fiscal, academic, and spiritual aspects of the program; and providing visionary leadership and a strategic plan for the start-up and future of the softball program. The coach will recruit CIU’s first softball team to begin competition in Spring 2019.
- Directs all student-athletes and assistant coaches in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate softball program.
- Embraces all aspects of developing, managing and running a women’s intercollegiate softball program, working independently and cooperatively with all CIU athletics and institutional staff.
- Recruits quality prospective student-athletes that fit the mission and culture of CIU and ensures timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitors and maintains the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program and the university.
- Plans all coaching and practice sessions in accordance with association regulations, including all preparation of facilities and equipment for practice.
- Coaches team members individually and in groups, and demonstrates game techniques.
- Develops and implements game strategy and position assignments.
- Oversees the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Manages all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the softball program.
- Promotes and markets the athletic department and softball program in the community.
- Ensures adherence to all Association, Conference, and University rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- Manages all aspects team travel.
- The Softball Coach will be supervised by the Athletics Director.
- Ability to teach and coach the game of softball.
- Understanding of the role and challenges of the student-athlete.
- Ability to successfully motivate a team.
- Ability to work independently in all aspects of recruiting and management of the program.
- Demonstration of Christian leadership and professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to utilize current technology and social media as it relates to the communication and promotion of CIU, the athletic department, and the softball program.
- Ability to work together with other coaches within the athletic department and with other departments on campus.
- Ability to work within budget parameters set by the Athletics Director
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful softball coaching experience required – college softball coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Christian ministry experiences, directly or indirectly involving softball.