Terry D. Powell
Dr. Powell joined the faculty of CIU’s Seminary & School of Ministry after teaching Family and Church Education in the Bible College from 1981 until 2010; he has taught Church Ministry from 2010 until the present. Before coming to Columbia, he taught at Southeastern Bible College and served as a director of Christian Education. He is a member of the North American Professors of Christian Education and has ministered cross-culturally in Ukraine, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Kenya, Korea, St. Vincent, Greneda, St. Lucia, India, Sri Lanka and Switzerland. He is licensed to preach in the Presbyterian Church of America. His has written three books in the Daring Disciple Series.
- Making Youth Programs Go, Victor Books, 1973
- Nobody's Perfect, Victor Books (Bible Characters), 1978
- Advance: Adults In the Vanguard of Continuing Education, Harvest Publications,1979
- You Want Me to Know What? Harvest Publications (Bible doctrine for young teens), 1981
- Stand Tough, Victor Books (fbr teens Ofl fighting temptation, handling problems), 1983
- Heroes and Zeroes, Victor Rooks (Bible characters), 1987
- Welcome To Your Ministry, LAMP: Lay Action Ministry Program (every-member-ministry in local churches), 1987
- Welcome To The Church, LAMP (Basic truths for new believers), 1987
- Learning to Serve, LAMP (issues related to serving Christ), 1989
- Wise Up, Victor Books (teen edition: themes in Proverbs), 1990
- Balanced Living On A Tightrope, Victor Books (adult edition: themes in Proverbs), 1991
- You Can Lead A Bible Discussion Group, Multnomah Book, 1996
- Lord Give Me Wisdom (re-publication of Balanced Living On A Tightrope), by Winepress, 1999
- Series of four “Daring Disciple” courses, co-authored with Dr. Bill Jones (Christian Publications), 2000
- Now That's A Good Question (on leading Bible discussions,) Standard Publishing, 2007
Contributions to Books with Multiple Authorship
- Process ‘80: Revitalizing the Sunday School, Harvest. (Baptist General Conference) Chapters titled “Learner-focused Teaching” and “The Caring Teacher.” 1980
- Nine articles in the Baker Dictionary of Christian Education (Baker Book House), 2001
- Sunday School, Mid-Week Clubs.
- Success with Youth: Whirl birds, Alpha Teens, and Omega publications.
- Scripture Press, Junior/Senior High Sunday School curriculum
- David C. Cook Ministries, Understanding the Bible for Today Adults, Teacher Lessons for Ephesians, Joel, Jonah, 1-2 Kings.
- Leader's Guides for teachers, accompanying the following books (electives for youth or Adult Sunday School.
- Disciples Are Made, Not Born, Walter Henrichsen, 1974
- How to Succeed in Business without Being A Pagan, Victor Books, Glen Hale Bump, 1974
- Now A Word From Our Sponsor, (The Ten Commandments) by Leslie Flynn. Victor, 1975
- Good News For Bad Times (1 Peter), Victor Books, Richard Dc Hann., 1975
- Is There A Man in The House’?, Victor Books. Charles Stanley, 1975
- Caution: Christians Under Construction. Victor Books, Bill Hybels., 1978
- You Want Me to Know What?, Harvest., 1981
- Stand Tough. Victor Books, 1983
- Heroes and Zeroes, Victor Books, 1987
- Truths that Transform, LAMP, Robert Samms,1988
- Outreach As A Lifestyle, LAMP, 1988
- Be Courageous. Victor Books, Warren Wiersbe, 1988
- Be Faithful, Victor Books, Warren Wiersbe, 1988
- Wise Up, Victor Books, 1990
- Balanced Living On A Tightrope, Victor Books, 1991