Victor H. Cuartas
- PhD, Columbia International University (Columbia, SC)
- MDiv, Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA)
- BS, Agriculture Engineering, Universidades del Valle and Nacional (Colombia, South America)
- Diploma, Christ for the Nations Institute (Dallas, TX)
- Cuartas, Victor Hugo. Hispanic Muslims in the United States: Agency, Identity, and Religious Commitment. Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2020.
- Cuartas, Victor H. Capacitando Líderes Hispanos: Un Modelo En Línea. Eugene, OR: Resource Publications, an Imprint of Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2010.
- Cuartas, Victor H. Empowering Hispanic Leaders: An Online Model. Fort Worth: TX, Church Starting Network, 2009.
- “Pentecostalism in Colombia.” In “Global Renewal Christianity,” Vol 2 Latin America. Synan, Vinson, Amos Yong and Miguel Alvarez, editors. Charisma House, 2016.
- “Hispanics and Islam in the United States.” In “The Hispanic Evangelical Church in the United States,” edited by Samuel Pagan, NHCLC, 2016.
- “Siguiendo el Ejemplo de Jesús; Capacitando Líderes en Misiones Mundiales.” Global Missiology in Spanish. October 2012.
- “El reino de dios y la diversidad étnica en las misiones mundiales.” Global Missiology in Spanish. July 2011.
- “Liderando Iglesias Misionales Que Expanden el Reino de Dios.” Global Missiology in Spanish, July 2011.
- “Bibliografía Anotada: Publicaciones Relacionadas con los Hispanos en USA.” Global Missiology in Spanish, October 2009.
- “Implicaciones Éticas y los Desafíos de los Negocios Como Misión en los Países de Acceso Creativo.” Global Missiology in Spanish, July 2009.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “The Power of Diversity in Global Missions.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly 49, no.4 (October 2013), pp.448-452.
- "Following Jesus' Example: Empowering leaders in Global Missions." The Pneuma Review: The Journal of Ministry Resources and Theology for Pentecostal and Charismatic Ministries and Leaders. Vol. 16, Number 1 (Winter 2013), 6-14.
- “Ethical Implications and Challenges of Business as Mission in Creative Access Countries.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly 47, no.3 (July 2011), 296-302.
- “How to Lead a Missional Church That Expands God’s Kingdom.” The Pneuma Review: The Journal of Ministry Resources and Theology for Pentecostal and Charismatic Ministries and Leaders. Vol. 14, Number 1 (Winter 2011), 32-45.
- “Annotated Bibliography: Publications Related to the Hispanics in the United States.” Global Missiology, Vol 4, Number 7, July 2010.
- “Demands of the Kingdom of God in Relation to Ethnic Diversity.” Lausanne World Pulse, May 2010.
Awards and Honors
- Hispanic Evangelical Scholars Association
- Cambridge Who’s Who among Executives and Professionals in Teaching and Education, 2007-2008 edition.
- Who’s Who among Students in American Universities & Colleges, Regent University, May 2006.
- International Student Award, Regent University, School of Divinity, May 2006.
- The Virginian Pilot Award for Hispanic Community Service, March 2006.
- Hispanic Leadership Award, Regent University, School of Leadership Studies, 2005.
- Christian Ministry Award, Regent University, School of Divinity, 2002.
- International Students Office, Regent University, Certificate of Recognition, 2002.
- Who’s Who of Professional Management, Certificate of Accomplishment, 2001-2002 edition.
Victor H. Cuartas joined the CIU faculty in 2016 and is the Elmer V. Thompson Chair of Church Planting at CIU. Previously, he taught global missions and church ministry at Regent University (2006-2016). He also served several years in missions and church planting in his home country of Colombia before continuing his ministry in the United States. Cuartas is actively involved with Crossover Global, a church planting organization that desires to see God glorified by providing gospel access through the planting of multiplying churches among unreached people groups.
Since 1993, Cuartas has been married to Isabel, who is also from Colombia. God blessed them with an amazing daughter Eliannah. She loves traveling, dancing, singing, and art. Cuartas likes to play soccer, jog, camp, travel, drink coffee, and spend time with family.