Custodian - Evening
The employee in this position performs routine custodial tasks in order to maintain facilities in an attractive, orderly and clean manner. Responsible for preparing the buildings during the evenings and other related custodial tasks as assigned by supervisor. Hours are M-F from 3 PM to 11 PM.
- Clean bathrooms and common areas according to prescribed manner.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, dust, clean glass in areas that are assigned.
- Empty all trash containers in common areas.
- Be alert for areas that need custodial attention and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for fire or safety hazards and notify supervisor.
- Be alert for any security problems, especially after hours, and notify supervisor.
- Assist custodial staff in performing scheduled tasks during school breaks.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- May be required to work overtime or fill in for absent custodians.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to be flexible with work schedule.
- High school diploma
- Two years of custodial experience
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 80% paid membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.