East Asia Institute IT Technician
The IT Technician helps to oversee the local technology infrastructure and cloud-based service to ensure seamless delivery of academic and administrative systems in East Asia Institute (Kepha Institute). This role will provide technology support (in-person, electronically, or by phone), training, and consultation to faculty, staff, students, and partners, including computer, audiovisual, mobility, telephony, network connectivity, cyber security, data analysis and various software applications. Some remote work is possible; however, some on-campus time is needed.
- Maintain integration and system security/integrity.
- Set up, maintain, and ensure the smooth operation of course sites, either Moodle or Canvas.
- Set up, maintain, and ensure the smooth operation of Student Information System, either Jenzabar or Populi.
- Provide support to faculty in online content creation.
- Diagnose IT-related problems and glitches that are particular to the region (China), and offer advice and solutions to students in the programs.
- Support the roll-out of new hardware and/or business applications. Respond to IT Support requests and general inquires.
- Support faculty, students, and staff in utilizing all learning management frameworks. Support faculty, students in course assessment process and analysis.
- Encrypt data wherever necessary.
- Provide consultation and technical support to students and faculty members.
- Establish resource center for Kepha programs (i.e. electronic library, etc.).
- Answer questions regarding hardware, software, network etc.
- Set and reset email accounts for students and faculty members.
- Work closely with CIU IT department, to fulfill various responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Knowledge on Advanced network skills, cloud computing required.
- Some Azure Administration certificates required, e.g., Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals, Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals;
- Experience supporting connectivity, AV, personal computers, OS X and Windows desktops and laptops in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with support software such as SharePoint, and Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft applications as well as a portfolio of software applications for both personal productivity and collaboration.
- Experience with Moodle or Canvas, Jenzabar or Populi is required.
- A passion for providing an end user self-help experience is required. The position requires a logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing in a creative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Must be able to relate to and communicate with diverse students, faculty, staff, and external communities.
- Ability to present a professional image on behalf of the Kepha Institute.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Awareness of and aptitude to understand, respect, and adapt to cultural and identity-based difference within group environments appropriately and effectively
- Knowledge of and commitment to concepts and issues tied to biblical education, Christian higher education.
- Skills related to creating and supporting an environment that allows for inclusion, effective intercultural engagement, and personal humility and authenticity.
- Experience fostering and reinforcing an environment that values unique experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and goal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, Information Technology.
- 5+ years of related IT experience required.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 80% paid membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.