CIU is seeking a stylist proficient in Turabian Style. The stylist team supports CIU’s Online Studies students by reviewing dissertation sections and providing feedback for appropriate style compliance. This is a part-time/temporary position.
- Review sections and chapters submitted by PhD candidates throughout the dissertation writing process.
- Be available for weekly stylist team meetings (45-60 minutes).
- Be available to communicate with students as needed (email, video chat).
- Contribute to administrative program tasks as needed.
- Remain current and proficient in Turabian Style.
- Obtain a copy of Turabian's Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations (9th edition).
- Must have access to Microsoft Word and be familiar with “Track Changes” and “Review” features for commenting and editing.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in English, writing, communication, or related field.
- Must have three to five years’ experience with editing/proofreading.
Qualified applicants please complete and submit the CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.