Vice President for Information Technology
The Vice President for Information Technology (VPIT) exercises leadership in assembling, developing, supervising, and evaluating a team of information professionals and support personnel in order to facilitate planning, research, acquisition, configuration, implementation, maintenance and security of information technology systems that support the business and academic processes within both divisions (Ben Lippen School and Higher Education) of the corporate institution. The VPIT is responsible for working with executive, administrative and IT personnel across the corporate divisions to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions and support of institutional information systems necessary for ensuring effectiveness of the teaching-learning processes, educational programs and operational systems.
- Recruit, select, develop, supervise and evaluate a team of information technology professionals and support personnel who possess and are growing in the personal qualities, technical/professional competence, communication skills, and service orientation required to excel in support of both educational and operational effectiveness.
- Engage in ongoing proactive assessment of all current informational systems to evaluate functionality, efficiency, integrity, cost-effectiveness and integration with a view to develop long-term strategic plans for system improvements to (a) ensure continuing growth and improvement in integrating best practice technological advancements that fit the needs and requirements of the institution’s processes, and (b) facilitate acquiring adequate financial, material, and human resources to implement the strategic educational plan.
- Work with executive team, peers and subordinates to develop an annual budget that realistically reflects planning and policy decisions and optimizes access to and reliability of educational technology, IT systems and connectivity/productivity tools. Facilitate procurement and monitor vendor agreements within appropriate protocols. Monitor monthly variance reports to ensure that the department and each of its subordinate departments operate within budget parameters.
- Work with executive team members, department heads, deans, support staff and appropriate standing committees to develop and implement policies and procedures governing acquisition/procurement, configuration, operational integrity, and security of information technology systems, and connectivity/productivity tools to advance institutional effectiveness.
- Supervise the development of web components to facilitate the functionality and accessibility of database information to internal and external users. The web modules would include a user interface to database systems that is convenient, intuitive and aesthetic while protecting both the security and the integrity of data.
- Oversee the process of data mining to inform the decision making processes of the administrative and executive functions of the institution.
- Supervise the maintenance of current information system products such that (a) requests for changes in structure or processes are evaluated for efficiency and effectiveness with a view to implement those requests that best serve the institutional processes, (b) all requests and incidents are prioritized in an equitable and timely manner, (c) incidents are corrected in a timely manner to ensure the least amount of lost time for the user, and (d) faculty, students, administrators and institutional end-users receive clear and prompt communication concerning requests, incidents, service/performance forecasts, non-performance variance reports, and follow-up assessment.
- Work through Digital Marketing Channels such as Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, and Search Engine Optimization in order to generate leads for student recruitment and, in general, to expand the CIU community by extending reach and engagement with various constituency groups.
- Work with the executive team, peers and subordinates to improve operational efficiency through technology enhancements as well as documenting and automating processes.
- Broad knowledge of educational technology applications, information technology systems (hardware and software), connectivity/productivity tools, Web development, telecommunications, database architecture, and management information/decision support systems.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skill, particularly in regard to project management.
- Facility with detailed technical documentation in an administrative database management system setting.
- Strong leadership, management, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and planning ability.
- Ability to achieve operational improvement through well-designed assessment/follow-up cycles.
- Ability to manage multiple budgets.
- Ability to effectively address diverse needs in a medium sized, complex institution.
- Minimum of Master's in Information Technology or other business related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in technology-related leadership position.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.
CIU Employment Application CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.