- Discover CIU
- Academic Programs
- Online Studies
- Become a Student
- Current Students
- Rams Athletics
- Resources & Services
If you have an interest in this position, please download our application at www.ciu.edu/discover-ciu/who-we-are/employment/application/employment-application and follow the online instructions for submission. If you have questions or are unable to download the application, contact the Human Resources office by phone: 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Available Positions
The Social Media Specialist is responsible to monitor and coordinate CIU’s social media channels for engagement and reputation management. Additionally, the Social Media Specialist creates and implements strategies to boost awareness and drive traffic by acting as the curator of engaging content.
- Monitor and coordinate all social media channels including blogs for engagement and reputation management; craft timely responses as required.
- Create strategies to boost brand awareness and engagement.
- Assist the Web Communications Strategies in developing an editorial calendar; coordinate all postings.
- Act as the “boots on the ground” to identify when to capture events in words, photos, video around campus for positing.
- Curate content related to the mission of CIU and share it via social media channels.
- Assist the Web Communications Strategist in developing criteria, guidelines, and processes for launching and disbanding social media initiatives.
- Monitor and report performance using HubSpot, Google Analytics and other tools.
- Execute other related duties as required.
Primary Attributes and Skills
- Self-Starter: Ability to take initiative, work independently, and hold oneself accountable.
- Organized and Deadline-Oriented: Ability to manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
- Resourceful: Aptitude for thinking “outside the box,” and finding creative and effective means for meeting goals.
- Problem-Solver: Capable of finding solutions to challenges and obstacles.
- Effective Communicator: Strong communication skills demonstrated through tactfulness and persuasiveness, both orally and in writing.
- Team Player: Ability to work effectively with others.
- Undergraduate degree in related field required.
- Three years related experience required; High education experience preferred.
- Excellent (web) writing and editing skills.
- HubSpot and Google Analytics certification preferred. (Required to acquire if not already certified.)