Master of Education in Early Childhood
The Master of Education (Early Childhood) is designed to provide professional growth opportunities for educators from a biblical perspective. Students are prepared for roles as teacher and/or instructional supervisor in the early childhood settings.
The curriculum for this concentration provides opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions in instructional concepts, strategies, and content design to enhance student learning.
The M.Ed. (Early Childhood) is available fully online. Students should consult with the M.Ed. program director in planning their degree program.
What You'll Learn
You will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education from a biblical worldview
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
This 30-credit-hour degree can be completed in 5 semesters although the time may be extended up to 4 years.
Why Earn an M.Ed. at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program consistent with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
You can find information about admissions requirements, policies, and time limitations of the program in our academic catalog.
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Early Childhood Graduates
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of educational settings.
- K–12 Teaching: Teach in early childhood educational settings that have a need for individuals who are prepared in Early Childhood instructional concepts, strategies, and content design from a biblical worldview.
- Leadership Positions: Become principals and supervisors trained in area of Early Childhood.
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
Master of Education in Early Childhood Admission Requirements
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- One professional reference and one general reference
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA