Become a Healthcare Leader
By earning your Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) degree you will boost your qualifications to fill critical roles in the fast-growing healthcare industry. Healthcare managers apply best business practices within the complexity of the healthcare model. Be ready for leadership through CIU’s Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program - 10 courses, 30 credit hours and just 15 months. With a focus on values-based healthcare delivery systems, you will learn to integrate theory with practice for effective management of healthcare services. You will also learn to address complex ethical issues from a biblical worldview and to think and act strategically in the dynamic and complex healthcare environment.
What You’ll Learn
- A service-oriented leadership attitude that results in a focus on values-based healthcare delivery systems
- Ability to define healthcare delivery needs, develop organizational structures and functions to support effective and efficient organizational performance
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to integrate theory with practice for effective management of healthcare services
- To recommend solutions to real-world healthcare administration problems based on strategic business and healthcare management applications and data-driven assessments
- Professional, ethical, and responsible leadership behaviors to apply to all types of management situations
- To address complex ethical issues from a biblical worldview
Why Earn a Degree at CIU Online?
CIU’s Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program is unique compared to other Christian and secular colleges and universities. That is because in only 30 credit hours, you will gain a holistic understanding of the field of healthcare administration, and you will be well prepared to lead healthcare organizations in any setting. This provides you with tremendous time and financial savings. The curriculum also includes a capstone/practicum/organizational transformation course, furthering your training by applying the skills and knowledge you are learning to a healthcare organization in need of assistance. In addition, this program is intentionally designed to integrate faith and learning throughout the curriculum and prepares you to use healthcare as a way of sharing the gospel, both in the United States and abroad.
- Online application
- Official transcripts for bachelor’s degree and any master’s degree work.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA (those with a GPA under 2 may be admitted on a provisional basis).
What Can I Do With an MHSA?
CIU’s Master of Science in Healthcare Administration will give you a balanced background of business skills and healthcare industry knowledge taught within an ethical framework. You will be prepared to become a medical and health services manager, also called healthcare executive or healthcare administrator , ready to plan, direct and coordinate medical and health services. You may manage an entire facility, a specific clinical area or a department or medical practice for a group of physicians. Medical and health services managers must adapt to changes in healthcare laws, regulations and technology. Graduates from CIU’s Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program can apply this degree as:
- Hospital Administrators
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Nurse Managers
- Medical Practice/Clinic Managers
- Health Information Systems Managers
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Equipment Sales Representatives
- Medical Missionaries
Core courses required in the MHSA program, including name and credit hours:
- Healthcare Systems and Organizations – 3 credit hours
- Health Policy, Ethics, and Law – 3 credit hours
- Healthcare Operations Management – 3 credit hours
- Healthcare Informatics – 3 credit hours
- Healthcare Financial Management – 3 credit hours
- Health Outcomes, Performance, and Quality – 3 credit hours
- Healthcare Reimbursement Systems – 3 credit hours
- Human Resources for Healthcare Professionals – 3 credit hours
- Strategic Planning in Healthcare – 3 credit hours
- Healthcare Organization Transformation – 3 credit hours
10 courses at 3 credit hours each: 30 credit hours