Accelerate Your Path to Ministry with a Master of Arts in Chaplaincy
The Chaplaincy program is for those who care about people—those who want to perform the pastoral, caregiver, emotional, and spiritual support roles of a chaplain. If that’s you, seeking to bring God’s presence to others in a corporate, institutional, or organizational context, the MA in Chaplaincy is the program for you.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Apply the biblical, theological, and doxological aspects of chaplaincy in pluralistic settings
- Practice a ministry of God’s presence internally and be a bearer of God’s presence to others
- Practice biblical leadership and ministry skills that display God’s presence
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
Three years, although you may finish sooner with transfer credit and/or by testing out of selected courses
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Chaplaincy students come from a variety of professions and walks of life, seeking to care for and serve others for God’s glory. The degree teaches the professional and practical knowledge and skills you will need to minister effectively in any of the following roles:
- Corporate chaplaincy
- Healthcare chaplaincy
- Public safety chaplaincy
- Institutional chaplaincy
- Sports chaplaincy
- Educational chaplaincy
- Disaster relief chaplaincy
WHY STUDY CHAPLAINCY AT CIU ONLINE?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Caring, scholarly, and experienced faculty who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide both expert academic support and individualized spiritual guidance
- Intentional integration of Bible knowledge, spiritual formation, and ministry skill development
- Mentored field experience built into the curriculum
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement
PROGRAM OPTIONS THAT FIT YOUR EXPERIENCE LEVEL
We offer two program tracks, one for students with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and one for students who have at least 30 semester hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.