Master of Arts in Global Migration Studies
The Master of Arts in Global Migration Studies (M.A. GMS) provides students with an understanding of global migration and the cultural, economic, and spiritual impact on peoples of the move. The M.A. GMS further equips students to minister to refugees, asylum seekers, international students and other immigrants.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Biblical principles for diaspora and global migration.
- The history and politics of global migration.
- The difference types of diaspora peoples (refugees, asylum seekers, students) and their unique needs.
- Skills to minister to various groups of diaspora peoples.
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
This 36-credit our program can be completed in 1-2 years.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
A Master of Arts in Global Migration equips students to work as
- International student ministers
- Faith-based non-governmental organization (NGO) workers
- Refugee resettlement specialists
- Missionary among refugees, immigrants, international students
WHY STUDY Global Migration studies AT CIU ONLINE?
- Gain skills and insights to minister in a 21st century diaspora world.
- Study with experienced professors who are both scholars and practitioners in the field.
- Prepare for various career outcomes (student ministry, global mission, NGO work).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official college transcript
- Signed Statement of Understanding document (completed during the first course)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 36 semester hours of CIU coursework