Master of Arts in Ministry Studies
The Ministry Studies program is for those are passionate about the church, mission, and parachurch ministry and who have a desire to disciple future disciple-makers. If you have a desire to focus on communicating God’s word with the goal of equipping and mobilizing believers for Christ-centered lives and Kingdom-focused impact, the MA in Ministry Studies is the degree for you.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Apply biblical principles of ministry leadership
- Develop twenty-first-century strategies for missional renewal within various ministry contexts
- Communicate biblical truth with the goal of life transformation
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
Three years, although you may finish sooner with transfer credit and/or by testing out of selected courses
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Ministry Studies students come from all professions and walks of life, seeking to become more effective in ministering to others. The degree grounds you in biblical, ministry and leadership principles you can apply in church, parachurch, or lay ministry settings. You can tailor your program to your specific needs and interests.
- Local Church Ministry: Serving as an assistant/associate pastor, a member of a local church staff, or an outreach/discipleship coordinator
- Para-Church Ministry: Ministering as a campus ministry professional or as a member of a para-church ministry team
- Marketplace Ministry: Discipling others in business and professional contexts
WHY STUDY ministry studies AT CIU ONLINE?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Caring, scholarly, and experienced faculty who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide both expert academic support and individualized spiritual guidance
- Intentional integration of Bible knowledge, spiritual formation, and ministry skill development
- Mentored field experience built into the curriculum
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement
PROGRAM OPTIONS THAT FIT YOUR EXPERIENCE LEVEL
We offer two program tracks, one for students with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and one for students who have at least 30 semester hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.