Complete Your BSN in 15 Months, 100% Online
Take your next step! CIU’s 100% online RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) program is designed for the full-time working adult student with an Associate degree or diploma in Nursing. You can transfer up to 81 credits with an active, unencumbered RN licensure. Move your nursing career forward and open the door to advanced nursing positions by completing CIU’s RN-BSN.
Experienced clinical faculty will guide your learning towards systems leadership and efficiencies, continuous care improvement, and Christ-like caring and professional growth. The 15-month program consists of one class at a time, every five weeks. It is cohort-based, so you will move through the program with a group of nurses to encourage and support you.
What You’ll Learn
- Integrate theory and scientific knowledge into holistic nursing care planning and patient education.
- Deliver culturally competent and safe population care to patients in diverse environments as a valued interprofessional team member.
- Exhibit ethical, moral, spiritual, professional, and positive, caring behaviors as a Christian nurse.
- Seek continual personal and professional growth and improvement.
- Constructively advocate for system changes to improve the health care environment and patient outcomes.
- Employ collaborative leadership and organizational skills in nursing care of patients across the lifespan.
Advantages of a BSN Degree
Many health care organizations have a BSN-preferred or BSN-required policy for advancement into leadership. A BSN is required to enter management, public health and active-duty military positions. The BSN degree provides a solid base in nursing theory, sciences, humanities and behavioral science required for the full scope of nursing responsibilities.
Organizations that support the BSN degree for continued nursing practice:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (Magnet Hospital Recognition)
- Military - all branches
Why Earn a Degree at CIU Online?
At CIU nursing is a ministry. You will be part of a supportive, Christ-centered community where you will be challenged to think and grow as a moral nurse leader. CIU offers you a missions-focused Capstone clinical project that you can complete in your own community as well as international missions opportunities and the opportunity to mentor pre-licensure nursing students.
- Completed application with all requested information and supporting documents supplied.
- Official transcripts from all post‐secondary schools and colleges previously attended, including non‐degree courses taken.
- A valid unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license.
- Graduation from an accredited Associate degree or Diploma nursing program.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal interview with one or more faculty member
- Minimum 120 semester hours of credit (up to 81 hours can be transferred).
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of upper division coursework or a B- or higher in Capstone in Nursing & Systems Care [NUR 4020].
- Complete 12 hours in Bible and Theology courses.
- Complete 27 Nursing Major Core Hours.
- Successful completion of all coursework and clinical Capstone hours.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Any course in which a grade of C- or below is earned must be repeated.
Course of Study (120 credit hours)
* Accepted transfer from an accredited RN program
- English composition (3)
- English literature (3)
- Growth and Development (3)
- Anatomy & Physiology I + lab (4)
- Anatomy & Physiology II + lab (4)
- Microbiology + lab (4)
- Statistics (3)
- Social Science and Humanities Electives (15 credits)
- Other Electives (12 credits)
- Nursing Electives (30 credits)
Bible and Theology Core (12)
- ICS 1210 - Discovering the Mission of God Credits: 3
- MSD 1110 - Encountering Spiritual Formation Credits: 3
- THE 2010 - Survey of Bible Doctrine Credits: 3
- BIB 1010 - New Testament Survey Credits: 3
Nursing Major Core (27)
- HCA 2010 - Healthcare Management and Delivery Systems Credits: 3
- HCA 3010 - Healthcare Policy Credits: 3
- NUR 3010 - Nursing Care for Vulnerable Populations Credits: 3
- NUR 3020 - Health Evaluation Credits: 3
- NUR 3030 - Research/ Evidence Based Practice Credits: 3
- NUR 3040 - Leadership in Nursing Credits: 3
- NUR 3050 - Nursing and Pharmacologic Management of Pathologic Conditions Credits: 3
- NUR 4010 - Community/ Population Health Credits: 3
- NUR 4020 - Capstone in Nursing & Systems Care Credits: 3