Are you a Pastor or Missionary who wants to become more effective without leaving your ministry, a ministry worker who wants to upgrade your training without leaving your church, a business executive who wants to transition into ministry without leaving your career?
Are you looking for Seminary level courses from an accredited institution, both focused and broad, taught from a multitude of perspectives and by a knowledgeable and experienced faculty?
Then SSM Atlanta is the place for you!
Whether you're from Atlanta, or want to obtain a seminary education while you remain in your current ministry or occupation by using our AccessCIU learning track, the CIU Seminary & School of Ministry in Atlanta provides top-quality education in a convenient location.
Contact the AccessCIU-SSM office to make an appointment at your convenience to visit with Faculty and Staff the week of June 10-14, 2013.
Summer 2013 Intensive Courses:
June 10-14, 2013 - HOM 6300 Foundations for Biblical Preaching with Dr. Don Hamilton
This course will introduce you to the theology and practice of preaching with an emphasis on structural variety, clear biblical exposition and suitable application. You will preach, will be evaluated by your peers and will evaluate your own recorded sermons. You are encouraged to take this course concurrently with a Greek/Hebrew exegesis course or a Bible book study. Prerequisite: BIB 5410 or equivalent.
June 17-21, 2013 - MIN 6344 Transformational Bible Teaching with Dr. Shirl Schiffman
This course examines the teaching-learning process to help you understand the conditions that foster deep, personal change toward Christlikeness. You will learn how to adapt instructional methods and structures to differing expectations, learning styles, cognitive processes and social relations of learners in multicultural contexts. For your major project you will prepare and teach from the Bible in a context of your choice, experimenting with and refining what you learn in class. Prerequisite: BIB 5410 or equivalent.
Tuition (Registration is now open)
- Resident Credit: $900.00
- Audit: $375
Room and Board
Stay on campus in a hotel-quality room or make your own housing arrangements and commute to campus.
- Single Occupancy ($400.00) includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks for $400.00
- Double Occupancy ($250.00) includes daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks for $275.00) NOTE: Double Occupancy is assigned on a per-registration basis, unless a specific roommate request is given at the time of registration. Double Occupancy housing fees are non-refundable.
- Commuters ($110.00) will enjoy morning break, lunch and afternoon break.
Note your selection on the downloadable Registration form.
Arrival and Check-in instructions will be e-mailed to all registered students after registration closes.
If you are an individual with a disability and believe you will need accommodations, please contact the Academic Success Center at (803) 807-5611.
- Class sessions will run 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. each day; Chapel will run 9:30-10:00 a.m. each day.
- Students who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible for financial aid (not federal aid or student loans). They should contact the office of Student Financial Services.
- For more Information, contact the University Admissions Office at (800) 777-2227 ext. 5335, local 807-5335, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salvation Army Southeast Territorial Headquarters
Evangeline Booth College
School for Continuing Education
1032 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
For more information, contact the CIU Admissions Office at 1-800-777-2227 (5335), local 807-5335, or send an e-mail to email@example.com
The Salvation Army Evangeline Booth College, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is comprised of three member schools:
The School for Officer Training
The School for Continuing Education
The Jack McDowell School for Leadership Development
The college is also the location of the Southern Historical Center which is a comprehensive museum, research facility and historical and educational service for The Salvation Army, the Academic Community of Students and Researchers, and for the general public.