Accreditation and Recognition
Columbia International University is:
Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of
the Southern Association of Colleges and
Schools to award degrees at the associate,
baccalaureate, master’s, first professional, and
doctoral degree levels.
Chartered as a collegiate institution by the state
of South Carolina, and is authorized by the
state of South Carolina to grant such degrees
as the Board of Trustees shall determine.
Authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmi-
grant alien students.
Recognized by the Selective Service System.
A member of South Carolina Independent
Colleges and Universities.
Listed in Accredited Institutions of
Listed in Education Directory (Higher
Approved by the State Approval Agency, South
Carolina Department of Education, state of
South Carolina, to train persons under the
Veterans Administration Programs.
Students wishing to reach accrediting or certifica-
tion agencies may do so by contacting them at
the following addresses:
Association for Biblical Higher Education
Commission on Accreditation
5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 130
Orlando, FL 32822-1781
Telephone: (407) 207-0808www.abhe.org
Southern Association of Colleges and School
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Association of Christian Schools International
731 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Columbia International University’s 400-acre sub-
urban campus overlooks the Broad River just
north of Columbia. It is easily accessed from
Interstate 20. Since the campus was occupied in
1960, numerous facilities have been constructed
so that currently the campus houses 21 major
buildings including residence halls, Pine View
Apartments, graduate and undergraduate class-
room buildings, Shortess Chapel, Rossi Student
Center, a fitness center, a modern cafeteria/dining
facility, Ridderhoff Media & Music Center, Fleece
Library, an alumni ministry center and more.
Following is a brief overview of some key facili-
Fisher Classroom Building:
This two-story, air-
conditioned facility includes the office of College
of Arts & Sciences dean and several faculty
Completed in the
Fall of 1998, the Schuster Building joins the
McQuilkin building in housing faculty and admin-
istrative offices for several graduate programs
and CIU Seminary & School of Ministry.
Counseling lab, conference rooms, a student
lounge, classrooms and a 90-seat auditorium are
located here as well.
With a seating capacity of
1,000, Shortess Chapel accommodates the
undergraduate student body, Graduate Program
and Seminary family for daily chapel services and
special monthly prayer days. Concerts, assem-
blies, conferences and major social events fre-
quently occur in Shortess.
Ridderhof Media/Music Center:
1987, the Ridderhoff Center (named for CIU’s first
alumna, Joy Ridderhoff) houses the student com-
puter lab, as well as offices and resources for
several undergraduate programs including Music
and Communication. The Ministry Resource
Department and Hoke Auditorium, a 500-seat
concert hall/auditorium, are also here.
G. Allen Fleece Library:
The library provides a
collection of over 150,000 print and non-print
items and over 250 print journals on site. In addi-
tion, access to over 90 electronic databases,
2012-2013 Graduate Programs Academic Catalog