Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Theology (5-Year BA/MDiv)
Why pursue the 5-Year B.A./M.Div Program at CIU?
This unique program allows you to complete two degrees in five years: a Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Theology and a Master of Divinity in the concentration of your choice. You can maximize your time and minimize the cost of your theological education without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
A faculty mentor will guide you through the process and a cohort of fellow students will encourage you along the way. The program combines rigorous academic study with practical ministry experience to prepare you for a lifetime of effective ministry service.
How does it work?
You earn an accredited B.A. by completing 120 hours
- 15 hours of MDiv courses are taken as Electives
You earn an accredited MDiv by completing 78 hours
- 15 hours of MDiv courses are earned as an Undergrad
- 18 hours are earned through Proficiency Exams
- 45 hours are taken during years 4 and 5
Your Next Step
CIU 5-Year B.A./M.Div. Program Key Milestones
- Year 1: You will begin meeting with the Faculty Mentor and Cohort Community on a regular basis.
- Year 2: You will complete your BA Core classes.
- Year 3: You will take BA Major classes and apply for the MDiv stage. In the spring, you will take a Bible & Theology Senior Seminar designed specifically for students in the 5-year BA/MDiv Program. After Year 3, you will take six Proficiency Exams.
- Year 4: You will begin taking MDiv classes. After Year 4, you will graduate with a BA in Advanced Biblical and Theological Studies.
- Year 5: In the summer before Year 5, you will serve in an intensive Summer Internship. After Year 5, you will graduate with an MDiv in Bible Exposition.
Your faculty mentor for the 5-Year BA/MDiv is Markus Klausli.
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Pastoral Theology (5-Year BA/MDiv) Graduates
The program is designed for academically gifted students with a clear sense of calling to vocational ministry. You will be equipped with a theological foundation for understanding the Scriptures and the practical skills needed for effective ministry in the church.