Bachelor of Science in Teacher Education, BS (or 5 yr BS/MAT)
Why Study Teacher Education at CIU?
The College of Education (CoE) offers a bachelor’s degree program with an undergraduate core in Bible and a major in Teacher Education. Students who complete the Teacher Education Major and specific South Carolina state requirements will be recommended for initial licensure in early childhood (PreK-3rd grade) and elementary education (2nd-6th grade). CIU Education Programs also are endorsed by the Higher Education Approval Program (HEAP) of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Program completing graduates who meet specific requirements are eligible to apply for appropriate ACSI teacher certificates.
Career and Ministry Opportunities
Teacher Education at CIU leads you to a world of possibilities:
- Teaching Pre-K to sixth grade in public schools, international schools, charter schools, Christian schools, MK schools, home schools
- Academic interventionist
- Church education
- Ministering to children through mercy organizations worldwide
- Tutoring – private or public institutions
- Directing after-school and day-care programs
- Christian education consultant
- Further training as curriculum and instructional specialist, guidance counselor, school administrator, and doctoral work
Review the catalog and course requirements.