- Advise students regarding degree completion requirements and University policies through email and phone communication
- Proactively reach out through phone and email to current students to help them identify available University resources, address other academic needs, and offer encouragement to increase retention and degree completion rates
- Assist recruiters with the development of personalized enrollment schedule options for new students
- Review academic progress of current students to ensure progress toward degree completion
- Assist in developing services and processes that enhance the student experience and support student retention and achievement
- Collaborate with faculty and other University departments to support students and resolve student issues
- Other duties as assigned
Policies and Procedures: Understand and apply policy and procedures related to:
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act [FERPA];
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers [AACRAO] records retention guidelines;
- Catalogs, curricular requirements and policies/procedures of all schools within the University;
- Registration and records functions of the University Registrar’s Office;
- Accreditation requirements [ABHE, ATS, SACS, and CACREP];
- Department of Education standards necessary to support the Financial Aid office; and
- Compliance requirements for the NCCAA.
Customer Service: Provide on-call, quality assistance to students, in areas such as:
- Registration, enrollment verification, and website information;
- Academic petitions, faculty directed studies, and transfer credit;
- Granting third parties access to student records, FERPA restrictions and releases,
- Graduation, grades, transcript requests, room reservations, and telephone call/email routing, etc.
Project Management: Execute tasks in areas as assigned such as:
- Understand how registration and record processes integrate with and affect the processes of other University departments.
- Attend staff meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in academic advising at the collegiate level strongly preferred
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone, email, and interpersonal)
- Critical thinking
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Experience in EX Jenzabar and web design helpful but not required.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave
- Educational benefits are available