The primary purpose of the online academic director is to provide professional and spiritual leadership to online faculty and students. The online academic director exercises vision and provides leadership that appropriately involves staff, parents, students, and community in the identification and accomplishment of the school mission.
- Exercise vision and provide leadership that appropriately involves staff, parents, students, and the community in the identification and accomplishment of the school mission.
- Be a mature Christian with a sound philosophy of Christian education and thorough understanding of educational leadership, educational theory, best practices, and curriculum content.
- Identify, establish, and articulate the school philosophy, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Recruit, select, assign, and organize staff in such a way as to assure the greatest potential for the accomplishment of the school mission.
- Supervise staff to ensure professional level of performance in planning, organizing, and instruction.
- Assess, train, evaluate, and encourage the teachers in their teaching method and strategies to ensure that they are appropriate and effective.
- Develop policies and practices that assure appropriate and confidential collection and use of school and student data.
- Oversee the development of online courses that are consistent with Biblical values and principles.
- Encourage student and staff to participate in supplementary activities that enhance the curriculum.
- Have unwavering commitment to students and focus on excellence in instructional practices and student learning.
- Master’s degree required; Doctorate preferred.
- Administration experience preferred.
- Born-again Christian.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.