The administrative assistant provides administrative support to the CIU Prison Initiative by assisting with various office and event functions.
• Manage the department filing system.
• Acquire transcripts for new students.
• Coordinate chapel and schedule speakers each semester.
• Prepare weekly gate list.
• Assist with purchase and distribution of school and office supplies.
• Process background screenings.
• Maintain inventory for all supplies.
• Maintain organization in office and storage spaces.
• Assist with all mailings (donor letters, applicant letters, applications, Acts 29, etc.)
• Type Acts 29 Reports.
• Assist the Assistant Director with preparation and execution of graduation.
• Assist the Assistant Director with preparation and execution of application and interview process.
• Assist the Assistant Director with preparation and execution of alumni reunion.
• Assist with other office duties as assigned.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Strong people skills.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher).
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
• Ability to lift 20 pounds.