The Assistant Director for Academic Success serves to support students in reaching their academic goals through the services provided by the Academic Success Center of Columbia International University. The Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Academic Success Center, which include test proctoring, tutoring, disability accommodations, and Early Alert outreach and management.
- Oversee and manage the proctoring services of the ASC Testing Center.
- Oversee and coordinate the recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluation of all student staff (office staff and tutors).
- Coordinate online, asynchronous, and face-to-face tutoring modalities.
- Provide outreach, orientations, and marketing materials to promote tutoring programs and other services of the ASC to students and campus partners.
- Create and assess student success workshops to support academic skills.
- Assist with the process for accommodation requests.
- Early Alert management.
- Assist ASC director in planning and tasks such as providing targeted academic support to at-risk students; promote academic success through strategic use of resources; participate in assessment and establish metrics for decision making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to problem solve and develop and implement strategic initiatives
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Jenzabar experience helpful
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in testing center and/or learning center preferred
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Qualified applicants will completed the CIU Employment Application.