The Chinese Program Coordinator oversees and manages the enrollment, registration, and graduation of all Chinese program students, has a working knowledge of related policies and procedures, and provides quality service to faculty, staff, current students, alumni and external constituencies.
• Manage Chinese program student records from admission to registration to graduation.
• Ensure timely and accurate publication of university academic calendar, catalog, and course schedules for Chinese program studies.
• Perform degree conferral, data entry, and degree audit maintenance for Chinese program students.
• Communicate to Chinese program students all academic responsibilities in order to maintain enrollment at the university and ultimately successful completion.
• Equip faculty through regular communication and database tools to meet their responsibilities to Chinese program students and advisees.
• Confirm that all Chinese program admission policies and procedures related to student academic records have been meet at entrance.
• Assist in developing services and processes that enhance the student experience and support student retention and achievement.
• Collaborate with faculty and other University departments to support students and resolve student issues.
Policies and Procedures: Understand and apply policy and procedures related to:
• Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act [FERPA];
• American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers [AACRAO] records retention guidelines;
• Catalogs, curricular requirements and policies/procedures of all schools within the University;
• Registration and records functions of the University Registrar’s Office;
• Accreditation requirements [ABHE, ATS, SACS, and CACREP];
Customer Service: Provide on-call, quality assistance to students in areas such as:
• Registration, enrollment verification, and website information;
• Academic petitions, faculty directed studies, and transfer credit;
• Granting third parties access to student records, FERPA restrictions and releases;
• Graduation, grades, transcript requests, room reservations, and telephone call/email routing, etc.
Project Management: Execute tasks in areas as assigned such as:
• Understand how registration and record processes integrate with and affect the processes of other University departments;
• Attend staff meetings and other duties as assigned.
• Prior experience with Chinese educational system strongly preferred
• Customer service focused
• Excellent communication skills (including telephone, email, and interpersonal)
• Critical thinking
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
• Positive attitude and high energy
• Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
• Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
• Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Experience in Jenzabar preferred but not required.
• Mandarin language proficiency helpful but not required.