Ben Lippen School has a job opening for a middle school and high school choir teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The choir teacher will teach all middle school and high school choir courses and other courses as assigned.
- Teach all middle school and high school choir courses (5th & 6th grade choir, 7th & 8th grade men’s choir, 7th & 8th grade women’s choir, and high school choir); and other courses as assigned by the Fine Arts Director, Middle School Principal, or High School Principal.
- Partner with other fine arts teachers to lead extra-curricular opportunities (Middle School Musical and High School Musical).
- Plan for instruction through the regular maintenance of course curriculum maps.
- Implement assessments in each class to measure student learning and maintain a timely gradebook.
- Attend faculty meetings and carry out assigned non-instructional duties.
- Co-sponsor the Tri-M Music Honor Society.
- Partner with the Fine Arts Director to coordinate student performances, festivals, and competitions.
- Carry out other specific responsibilities as assigned by the Fine Arts Director, Middle School Principal, or High School Principal.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the official statement on the victorious Christian life and model the life described therein both on and off campus.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the commitment to the statement of faith and purpose of the school.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and technological skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in singing, conducting, and playing piano.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adolescent cognitive development and the ability to instruct students successfully in music curriculum.
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire learning through effective classroom management and cultivate positive relationships with students.
- Undergraduate degree in music or music education from an institution approved by the regional accrediting agency.
- Shall earn and maintain an ACSI Standard License if not currently certified.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.