This counseling education assistant coordinates practicum and internship experiences, educational administration, and professional activities for the counseling programs of the Seminary & School of Ministry. This includes day-to-day responsibilities, short- and long-term projects, mentoring of students, and supervision of student workers.
1. Coordinate counseling division practicum and internship experiences. (60%)
- Arrange student interviews for and placements at sites.
- Act as liaison to sites, including bi-weekly contacts/visits.
- Review evaluation reports from site supervisors.
- Establish relationships with new sites.
- Maintain records, files, forms, handbooks, and site agreements.
2. Coordinate counseling division educational administration. (30%)
- Manage Tevera electronic database (create and populate courses, orient students and site supervisors, troubleshoot issues that arise).
- Schedule the use of counseling labs and group spaces.
- Collect and organize program assessment artifacts and data.
- Coordinate Professional Program Review information.
- Manage program webpages.
- Attend SSM faculty meetings and counseling division meetings; take minutes for divisional meetings.
3. Coordinate counseling division professional activities. (10%)
- Coordinate arrangements for continuing education offerings.
- Coordinate orientation and commissioning events.
- Coordinate advisory council meetings.
- Familiarity with CIU’s ministry, academic environment, principles, and procedures.
- Familiarity with the counseling curriculum, programs, and policies.
- Proficiency in using word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation. e-mail, and internet software.
- Proficiency in using copiers, scanners, phone systems, and fax machines.
- Ability to organize tasks, work independently, and maintain accurate, detailed records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality, and act wisely and decisively.
- Ability to coach and mentor adult learners.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and service-oriented office environment.
- Two years of experience in office administration.
- Two years of ministry or professional experience preferred.
- Baccalaureate degree required; graduate-level counseling or psychology degree preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave
- Educational benefits are available