40 hours/12 months
May 07, 2019
The custodian is responsible for maintaining the buildings in an attractive, orderly, and clean manner, and other related custodial tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Clean bathrooms and common areas according to prescribed manner.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, dust, clean glass in all assigned areas.
- Empty trash containers in common areas.
- Be alert for areas that need custodial attention and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for fire or safety hazards and notify supervisor.
- Be alert for any security problems, especially after hours, and notify security.
- Assist custodial staff in performing scheduled tasks during school breaks.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Fill in for absent custodians.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to be flexible with work schedule.
- High school diploma required.
- Two years custodial experience required.