The Database Team Manager provides direction and coordination of database teams in the implementation of systems and projects. The Database Team Manager interfaces with faculty, staff and vendors to prioritize and manage expectations regarding projects and IT initiatives.
- Serve as the IT liaison with departmental representatives to implement cost effective technology and business solutions in achieving university strategic goals
- Provide direction, coordination and oversight in the implementation of system upgrades, enhancements and reporting.
- Contribute information and recommendations to enhance university processes and applications to accomplish goals and add value to current business practices.
- Lead and facilitate activities that enhance communication and interaction among the functional representatives regarding technology best practice processes and solutions.
- Track and report on project initiatives maintain status on progress, schedule and budgets.
- Supervise database developers.
- Interact with technology vendors to secure professional services, support and training for staff members as well as functional users.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take initiative, work independently, and manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) to include interaction with vendors, faculty, departmental head, deans and staff.
- Must be a problem solver demonstrating the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and end user capabilities in the development of effective solutions to business problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in facilitating resolution to conflicting expectations and requirements in the development of technology solutions for business problems
- Working knowledge of EX modules, PowerFaids and supporting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years experience working in a Higher Education academic environment.
- Three (3) years experience working with Jenzabar student systems.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.