The Graduate and Seminary Student Accounts Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of accounts receivable and student accounts related to the students considered to be in the traditional graduate and seminary grouping. They serve as the liaison between Accounting, Student Financial Services, Student Life and the Registrar’s Office.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and oversight of graduate and seminary student bills.
- Acts as liaison between Student Financial Services, Accounting, Registrar’s Office and Student Life in the preparation and billing of students during registration.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of timely and accurate monthly statements on all accounts receivable subsidiaries that affect the graduate/seminary student accounts. (Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Affairs, Commission on the Blind, State Tuition Prepayment Plans, JUC, Consortiums, and SC Commission on Higher Education).
- Coordinates the refund check process for students in compliance with federal regulations.
- Counsels students on statements and payment options.
- Responsible for managing year-end processes relating to graduate and seminary student accounts. This includes preparation of 1098Ts at calendar year-end and revenue deferral at fiscal year-end.
- Responsible for the entry of student accounts receivable charges, adjustments, and transactions, for resolution of issues on accounts and for the collection of account balances.
- Sets up and maintains the Charge and Refund tables each term.
- Keeps student records up-to-date with charges, payments, and corrections.
- Apply holds to students who are delinquent in payment and send student accounts to collections agency in accordance with University policy.
- Prepare documentation and work student events such as Ram-Ready and orientation.
- Assist the Controller in other duties as assigned.
• Detailed knowledge of accounting procedures and software.
• Knowledge of software: Excel, Word, and ERP Systems.
• Knowledgeable in the proper use of business English, spelling, and punctuation.
• Ability to meet and deal effectively with students, parents, associates, and general public.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and regularly meet deadlines.
• Required: A.A. in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• At least five years of experience in related job.