Ben Lippen School is seeking a temporary full-time science substitute teacher to provide classroom coverage for a teacher who is absent for an extended period of time.
The long-term science substitute teacher is responsible to:
- work the regular hours of the absent classroom teacher during his/her absence.
- develop lessons and provide instruction for six sections of upper school science: Earth Science, Honors Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and AP Environmental Science
- establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
The ideal candidate for the long-term Science substitute position should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in a science, education, or a closely related field.
- content mastery in science.
- a demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- a demonstrated ability to lead students toward collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking.