The receptionist supports the CIU campus and serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies CIU personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system; processes admissions mail and inputs data as needed. This is a 3-month temporary position from April 17, 2020 to July 3, 2020.
• Greet and welcome visitors to the campus and verbally direct them to the appropriate places on campus, notifying CIU personnel of visitors, or contacting security as needed.
• Maintain campus wide calendar shared between departments.
• Ensure the Administration building lobby, kitchen, and common areas are maintained and cleaned, coffee service for guests is stocked daily, redirect unidentified CIU mail, and direct campus deliveries.
• CIU main phone line/Admissions line - Respond to calls, answer questions, relay information, direct callers to the appropriate places, maintain all switchboard menus, submenus, and directories.
• Work with Admissions handling returned mail, processing the daily mailing Salesforce JRM, printing out daily letters, labels, and assist in assembling outgoing mail.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties assigned by supervisors.
• Close attention to detail.
• Technical ability and experience with computers and office equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently.
• Aptitude to receive constructive criticism.
• Proven interpersonal, scheduling, hospitality and verbal communication skills.
• Three years related experience preferred.
• Bachelor degree preferred, Associate degree required
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe products preferred.