The systems engineer designs the network infrastructure, network access and network security for all divisions of CIU. The systems engineer provides direction regarding infrastructure framework to meet and align with corporate business needs.
- Design and configure network servers, appliances, switches and devices connected to the corporate networks and train other IT staff on how to perform day-to-day operations on designed systems as needed.
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize network traffic and performance through systematic assessment based on routine testing, system documentation, and logs.
- Perform physical infrastructure modifications as needed with systems and other IT staff. Work with vendors and contractors as needed.
- Serve as IT security and software compliance officer ensuring network security and functionality by researching security best practices, monitoring campus systems and infrastructure for new and existing vulnerabilities, maintaining adequate intrusion detection systems and procedures, and assisting with the coordination/management of software licenses and compliance.
- Develop and maintain backups of network devices and disaster recovery plan for corporate network infrastructure.
- Research and provide best-practice equipment implementation, maintenance and organization of server rooms and wiring closets – battery backups, air handling, wire management and rack space. Assist in cost scoping of design implementations.
- Write and maintain comprehensive and accurate network infrastructure documentation, diagrams & logs.
- Supervise systems student workers; responsible for hiring, training, discipline and firing.
- Assign work to systems engineers in completion of projects and daily operations.
- Five to seven years’ experience in systems administration or infrastructure engineering management experience or certification a plus.
- Network cabling installation experience.
- Experience with configuring network appliances, VoIP systems, access points preferred.
- CISCO certification and/or MCSE certification.
- Network cabling installation certification a plus.
- CISSP or equivalent certification a plus.
- Bachelor's in technology related field.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.