This program prepares you to teach the Bible in a school setting. In three semesters of study (Fall, Spring, and Summer), you will build a knowledge of best educational practices and explore every aspect of Bible curriculum, from the “big-picture” to daily lesson plans.
You will develop the ministry skill of teaching Bible in Christian and public schools in North America, international schools, government and missionary children’s schools overseas, and in other areas of Christian work.
Our objective is to help you become a teacher who:
Understands the purpose of the Bible and how to prepare lessons and curriculum from the Bible that reflect that purpose, using sound principles of biblical interpretation.
Formulates lesson and curricular objectives in line with the pattern of biblical revelation.
Can design and teach curricula that integrates biblical truth into major disciplines such as philosophy, family life, and church history on a secondary level.
Relates to the principles of the Scripture being taught to the needs of individuals and groups.
Applies the principles of the teaching-learning process to the teaching of the Bible.
Establishes positive, professional relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and students.
Review our course requirements and begin the application process.
• Completed application
• $25 application fee
• Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
• Professional reference
• Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
• A GPA of 2.7 or higher
- This program will prepare you for teaching Bible in the following contexts:
- Public school districts in the United States
- Christian schools in the United States
- International schools all over the world
- Government schools overseas
- Bible institutes and colleges overseas
- Church work such as youth ministry and Christian education
Emeritus Professor of Education
Dr. Uecker is Professor Emeritus and former Dean of the College of Education. He currently serves as a guest lecturer and Director of the Lowrie Center for Christian School Education.