Minor in Biology
The Biology Minor provides an introduction to the vast field of biology. After completing the minor, students should be able to do the following:
- Articulate the fundamental principles of biology and the scientific process.
- Explain key concepts related to the field of microbiology.
- Discuss basic principles of the field of genetics.
Biology Required Courses
Course of Study (21)
- BIO 1110 - Principles of Biology 1 Credits: 3
- BIO 2113 - Principles of Biology Credits: 3
- BIO 1111 - Principles of Biology 1 Laboratory Credits: 1
- BIO 1120 - Principles of Biology 2 Credits: 3
- BIO 1121 - Principles of Biology 2 Laboratory Credits: 1
- BIO 3110 - Principles of Microbiology Credits: 3
- BIO 3111 - Principles of Microbiology Laboratory Credits: 1
Choose 3 of the following 4 courses:
- BIO 3210 - Fundamental Genetics Credits: 3
- BIO 3215 - Molecular and General Genetics Credits: 3
- BIO 3310 - Essential Principles of Biochemistry Credits: 3
- BIO 3410 - Molecular Biochemistry Credits: 3
In pursuing the Biology Minor, the General Education Science will need to be met with a Science course beyond one of the courses listed above.