Got health concerns? Just want to be sure there’s help available here if ever you need it? It’s good to know that CIU’s on-campus health services and providers are ready to support the physical well-being of students.
The Health Services Clinic is open Monday through Friday during spring and fall semesters when classes are in session.
The clinic provides nursing assessments and recommendations, referrals, over-the-counter medication, screening and weekly doctor’s appointments. Hours of operation are posted at the beginning of each semester.
Vaccine/Health Requirements for Course Registration
For students taking courses on the CIU Columbia campus during a regular semester, the following requirements apply:
- Students born after 1956 must provide proof of immunity to measles and rubella with either official immunization records or proof of immune blood titer tests
- All students must provide proof of a tuberculosis (TB) skin-screening test done within the year prior to enrollment
- All students must provide proof of insurance coverage
- All students must complete and submit the Pre-Registration Medical Requirements Form before you can register for classes. If you have questions about the form, please contact Sally Kennedy at 1-800-777-2227, ext. 5056, or firstname.lastname@example.org . The form is due by July 1 for August registration and by Dec. 15 for spring registration.
- Students participating in collegiate athletics must also submit a Physical Examination Form to the CIU athletic trainer, Ryan Lail at email@example.com prior to participating.
Please note: Besides insurance information and immunization records, the form requires a TB (tuberculosis) test within the year prior to enrollment. Make sure you have the test results listed on the form and submit the completed form prior to your orientation session.