Your passion for reaching across boundaries and connecting with people has a home with the online or on-campus Master’s in Intercultural Studies. Both hands on and academically rigorous, the program is tailored toward teaching you intercultural understanding in an ever-changing, diverse world as you do your part to fulfill the global mission of God.
What You’ll Learn
- How to engage in high-level, critical research, analysis, and writing within the discipline
- Tools and techniques for engaging with cultures other than your own
- The societal and global issues that affect intercultural exchanges and relations
How Long It Will Take
This degree can be completed in as little as 12 months.
What You Can Do with This Degree
You’ll be amazed at the doors a degree in intercultural studies can open, whether you’re seeking to enhance a career you already have or switch career paths.
- Governmental Service: Diplomatic positions in U.S. embassies overseas
- Military Service: Chaplaincy in various military branches
- Church Service: Mission pastors; ethnic-outreach coordinators
- Mission Service: Missionaries in cross-cultural service across the world; mission agency office support person; mission mobilizer
- Business Service: Private-sector organizations or transnational corporations, such as marketing and product development
- Academic Careers: Ph.D. work leading to careers in college, seminary, and university-level teaching, both in the United States and abroad
Why Earn an Intercultural Studies Degree at CIU?
- Highly engaged, fieldwork-oriented online classes with students from all over the world
- Multilingual professors who have lived internationally, doing the very work they’re teaching
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- Internship and research opportunities built into the curriculum
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA